GLOBE EU members Sirpa Pietikäinen and Martin Hojsík hosted an event on February 8 to hear from industry experts about chemical recycling and how the technology could help advance circularity in the EU and its transition to zero waste.
Specialists from the European Commission, industry, and the NGO community highlighted the importance of adopting a systemic approach to recycling and addressed regulatory, technical, and economical obstacles to a zero-waste transition.
- Welcome and Introductory remarks – Martin Hojsík MEP
- Panel Discussion (moderated by Martin Hojsík MEP):
- Aurel Ciobanu Dordea – Director, EU Commission DG ENV
- Chris Killian – Chief Technology Officer, Eastman
- Peter Sandkühler – Director Sustainability EMEA, Dow
- Lauriane Veillard – Policy Officer, Zero Waste Europe
- Short statements by companies on the use of recycled plastics in their products:
- Tarkett (Myriam Tryjefaczka), ReturnMatras (Chico van Hemert), Nestlé (Christian Detrois)
- Q&A with participants (moderated by Sirpa Pietikäinen)