‘Chemical recycling in a zero-waste circular economy’
February 8, 2023 from 16h00 to 18h00
Chemical recycling plays an important role in the advancement of circularity and is critical to the EU’s transition to zero waste. You are invited to attend this GLOBE EU event on the latest recycling technologies and how they contribute to a zero-waste circular economy.
Specialists from the Commission, industry, and the NGO community will highlight the importance of adopting a systemic approach to recycling and address regulatory, technical, and economical obstacles to a zero-waste transition.
16h00 Welcome and introductory comments – Sirpa Pietikainen MEP
16h20 Panel Discussion (moderated by Martin Hojsík MEP):
- Aurel Ciobanu Dordea – Director, EU Commission DG ENV
- Chris Killian – Chief Technology Officer, Eastman (Depolymerization)
- Peter Sandkühler – Director Sustainability EMEA, Dow (Pyrolysis)
- Lauriane Veillard – Policy Officer, Zero Waste Europe
Short statements by companies on the use of chemical recycled contents in their products:
- Tarkett (Myriam Tryjefaczka), RetourMatras (Chico van Hemert), Nestlé (Christian Detrois)
17h40 Q&A with participants (moderated by Sirpa Pietikäinen)